The Fighter’s Guide To Hard-Core Heavy Bag Training
In one session on the heavy bag, you can develop all the attributes you need as a martial artist or fighter: power, form, speed, timing, endurance, and explosiveness. What other training tool can make that claim?
Throughout The Fighter’s Guide to Hard-Core Heavy Bag Training, Wim Demeere and Loren Christensen show you how to master the critical skills needed to survive a fight. From these acclaimed martial artists, you will get solid information on how to:
- Choose the right heavy bag for your needs.
- How best to hang it.
- How to care for it so it lasts for years.
- And more.
But that’s not all! You will also learn:
- The five types of impact.
- How to make the best use of them for specific situations.
- Innovative drills to maximize your fitness level and fighting ability.
- Creative ways to grapple a heavy bag, including chokes, takedowns, and armbars.
- How to avoid the most common mistakes in heavy bag training. T
This information works perfectly for combat athletes who train for Mixed Martial Arts, Muay Thai or Kickboxing. It can be applied just as much to traditional martial arts such as Karate, Kung Fu, Taekwondo or even Pentjak Silat and Arnis or Kali.